I give pictures life, gifts not excluded from taxation.
Actually, I do! I went into the old notes document for the episode, which had a working title of “Mom and Dad” and found a list of potential lines at the bottom. In an alternate universe, one of these could have been on a billboard at Coney Island!
- At least I tried and nobody died.
- Eh, I ain’t perfect, but at least I got all my hair.
- You can’t have steak without mistakes.
- I never said I was Neal Peart!
- Hey, if nobody screwed up, we wouldn’t have chimichangas.
- You can’t sue me for trying.
- I may have screwed up, but at least it was funny.
- It only counts as a failure if you don’t laugh.
- Hey, Rome wasn’t burnt down in a day.
- So I stink, at least people smelled it.
- It’s all french fries to me!
- Not every topping’s a winner.
- If nobody was a loser, there’d be no point in keeping score.
I think we got it right with the line we went with, though. Some of these don’t make any sense.
Alternate “Pork Chop” Lines from Story Editor Matt Burnett
Holy trinity, a Rush reference in Steven Universe? omg :D
Haha, thank you! :D
So, I’m thinking: I’m pretty close to 500 followers (thanks!) and I haven’t done requests in awhile, so here’s the deal: like, comment or reblog this post and once I reach 500 I’ll pick 1-2 lucky folk (depends how busy I’ll be) and they’ll be able to request a sketch with any character they like! I think I’ll do one freebie for the 500th follower as well, so please keep your askbox open! You guys down with that?